Welcome To Our Little Big House On The Prairie


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Let's Add The Stairs

So, you know how yesterday I said I was going to paint the trim?

Yeah.

Not.

This is how little projects become big projects.

It really is laughable.

How this entire project started.

You know...

With this bookcase...


and it morphed into the entire dining room...


So just for giggles (and because I'm definitely a glutton for punishment), I decided I might as well prime the stairs while I was at it.  You know, because when I do the reveal they'll be in the pictures.


The stairs were supposed to be the NEXT project.

So much for that!  :P


I think Scott has finally gotten used to my whims, because when he got home last night, it didn't even phase him to see me in pajama bottoms covered in primer crouching on the stairs priming the risers.  He doesn't even bother to mutter an "Oh my God." anymore.  And I'm pretty sure that he doesn't even notice the paint and primer in my hair, stuck in my nail beds...  And he definitely didn't notice, didn't care, or at least didn't say anything about the big smear of primer on my chin that I walked around the house with all evening.  BAH HA HA HA HA!  Poor guy.  He went from a high maintenance wife to one that is still in her pajamas covered in whatever particular medium she happens to be working with that day, when he gets home.  I wonder which one he likes better?  LOL!

But, I must draw the line somewhere...  I'm not touching the stairwell until the dining room is done.  I promise.  Really.  I mean, just because I've been eyeballing it for the last two days doesn't mean I'm going to do anything about it...  I think.  ;)

Today, I PROMISE I will commence painting all the trim.  And THEN I will start on that massive pile of wainscoting.  I think I've figured out a way to get around all the stripping.  I'll let you know how that turns out.

Until tomorrow, y'all...

TTFN,



No comments: