Welcome To Our Little Big House On The Prairie


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pool Noodles & Burlap

I've hopped on the Pool Noodle Wreath bandwagon.

What a fantastic idea! 





And since I've really gotten away from doing crafts and mainly have just been working on furniture, 
this simple and easy craft was an awesome instant gratification pick-me-up.

Just the way I like it.

Couple of hours.

Done.

Plus... 
Shannon from Fox Hollow Cottage 
along with 
Debbie at Debbiedoo's 
Jessica at Mom4Real 
and 
Debbie from reFresh reStyle 
are all hosting a Pool Noodle Wreath Party next month!

I hope I'm not breaking blogging etiquette by revealing this so early, but I loved it so much that 
I just simply couldn't wait.  

I have no will power.  :P 


Fox Hollow Cottage

This is enough motivation for me!

(Especially since I've been a bad blogger friend and have never linked up to one of Shan's parties.)

Be sure and link up, peeps!

So yesterday, I got the pool noodle fevah (as Shannon puts it) and got to work.

I won't go into detail of how I did it, since I straight-up copied Shannon 
and you can find her tutorial HERE.

Pretty much, I just grabbed stuff I had laying around the house, after I purchased my pool noodle from Wally World.

A wreath is a GREAT spot to show off 
your most favorite things all in one spot.

Burlap...


hydrangeas, ribbons, and cloth rosettes made from an old bed skirt.


And of course my go-to:  blue Ball Jars


Add in a little decorative nest...


and a vintage spoon Scott found in the ground while taking down trees at his parents, paired with an antique tag that I found while cleaning out the "potting shed".


Throw it all together and glue with a glue gun and you wind up with my interpretation of the famous...


Love it.

And so simple to do.

That's the best, isn't it?

XO,


14 comments:

Tanya said...

It's so pretty Laura! I've always wanted to try this. Question for you....what did you use to stick the two ends together? It seems as if they'd rip apart. I love the burlap around it. So cute.

Shannon Fox said...

O. M. Gee..... it is so shabby fab stinking cute! Love it girl. LOVE it =)

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE! I love burlap and Hydrangeas! *sigh* So gorgeous! I might have to head on out to look for a pool noodle! eek! Can't wait to attempt to make one! TFS!

NanaDiana said...

Laura, What a beautiful post- burlap and hydrangeas are just beautiful together. xo Diana

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh my goodness this is so pretty! What a great project!

Bliss said...

You just took the noodle wreath to a new level.

~Bliss~

Shannon Fox said...

You know I just love this. LOVE. It's so shabby and vintage and gorgeous =) Thanks for adding it to the NOODLE party. Hugs!!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

I think this may be my favorite wreath ever! How on earth did you get that canning jar to stay in place???

Debbiedoos said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your embellishments added as well. Who knew a pool noodle could be so stylin! Thanks for joining in on the fun!

Anonymous said...

Stunning wreath!! Love all the details and the vintage feel...who would every guess there is a pool noodle underneath? Just gorgeous! :-)

Karen said...

WOW, this is gorgeous. I love all of the elements the burlap, and mason jar and hydrangeas. Just perfect!

reFresh reStyle said...

Just what I thought when I saw the link up photo, it's awesome! You have so much talent! I love it!
Debbie

ARE said...

0820jejeAvec toutes nike air jordan xx9 les fonctionnalités supplémentaires que vous attendez d'un prix beaucoup plus élevé, mais c'est la asics gel lyte v argent chose, ces deux nouveaux Kelty Child Carriers sont à adidas zx flux noir blanc homme peu près le même prix que les anciens. C'est basket nike roshe run print femme souvent votre allège de voyage: résilient, facile à utiliser, et un air jordan 11 price guide seul gros réservoir de butane! Le Tech Xikar asics femme nimbus est généralement un briquet torche qui finira par faire le air jordan 1 mid all colorways travail. La proximité de Manchester signifie que beaucoup de adidas zx flux pas cher noir et rose talents idéaux de Stockport sont attirés dans la ville pour faire le asics gel lyte 3 pas cher blanche travail.

Unknown said...

x1i75q1s51 p9c17g5c05 j1p45n9w55 z9m52o1h62 o9n75j4n88 r7s44m9i37